Sunday 26 January 2014



UNDRESSING BY ADARA SÁNCHEZ ANGUIANO


 Adara Sánchez Anguiano is an illustrator born in Sevilla in 1987. She started the series ‘Take Off Your Clothes’ four years ago and sometimes she still has an urge of continuing it. The act of undressing amazes her in a way that is difficult to explain, ‘It’s like a romance with the human body, a cupid’s arrow every time I contemplate it,’ she explains. The project revolves around a quotidian gesture, the intimacy and sensuality of a casual and ephemeral movement. In her illustrations she explores the expressibility of human figure in sometimes forced poses. She is fascinated by the idea of the extraordinary exposure of the anatomy by a simple and daily gesture like undressing. But it goes further than a simple human body study. ‘The act of undressing is a rebellion, the uprising of the skin over the tyranny of clothes, it’s actually an act of freedom,’ Adara states.

Adara is an amazing artist. With her watercolors armed, Adara can create can some amazing art pieces! Here is a little about the artist:
I’m an illustrator who was born in Sevilla (Spain) twenty four years ago. I started studying Fine Arts in my born place but the desires of travelling made me spend a year abroad in Antwerp (Belgium) three years ago. *It was then when I decided to become an illustrator*. After that I came back to Spain, to Cuenca this time.Finally, last year when I finished my degree, I decided to move to Barcelona.And here I am now, sitting on a bulrush chair on a beautiful tiled floor.







All images © Adara Sánchez Anguiano

No comments:

Post a Comment